Some £20,000 of funds have been made available to fix issues at a community centre that were highlighted by a fire risk assessment at the building.
Tarporley Parish Council agreed to make the money available to the village facility after an investigation found it is causing a "moderate" risk to members.
According to a report by the Chester Chronicle, councillor Graham Lees, who is on the community centre management committee, stated that this means there is a "reasonable chance" a blaze in the building could lead to people being injured or even killed.
He said: "It's something that can't be ignored."
It is believed that close to £5,000 of work needs to be carried out in the next month as a result of the fire risk assessment.
The Scotsman recently reported that Whitburn Leisure Centre was "destroyed" in a blaze, with customers evacuated from the burning building due to emergency procedures.
1st July 2013
As a board member or senior manager ultimately ...
© Copyright HFL Risk Services Limited 2010
Freeman House, Orbital 24, Oldham Street, Denton, Manchester M34 3SU
Registered in England No. 04144719. VAT Registration No. 876 3250 07.
Part of The Haden Freeman Group.